In which the world of culinary hedonism is explored with a cup and a half of curiosity, a heaping tablespoon of passion and a dash of clumsiness.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Eighteenth Post ~ Mediterranean Veggie Pizza


Since 33.3% of my loyal readers are vegetarians (Hi Chris!) I thought I'd post this quick and easy vegetarian meal. Made a little bigger, it could serve well as a dinner.
.
Here's what you'll need:
~Pita bread (I chose pocket-less)
~Hummus (my favorite is babaganoush, but I have a hard time finding it. I got 40 Spices)
~Veggies
~Olive oil
~Salt/pepper
~Crumbled feta or other goat variety
~Chive
.
Sautee the veggies in a skillet with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. I used pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms and some green peppers. As you're letting them sizzle, spread some hummus onto the pita. Eat a little while you're at it - you know you want to.
.
Now, snip one chive into the veggies. Stir it around. Then, scatter the veggies on top of the pita and hummus and sprinkle generously with cheese. Pop it into your toaster oven until the cheese is nice and melty.
.
Easy, peasy, one-two-threesey! If I were serving this for a dinner, I'd pair it with a Shiraz or Syrah. It would give a nice balance to the spiciness.
.
Yours in the love of good food and wine,
AL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The blogger is not an experienced chef. She takes no responsibility for the quality of the meals prepared while following her advice. Use your own judgment regarding cooking times and proper food handling.

2 comments:

  1. I like mushrooms. when did you put in the disclaimer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad you like mushrooms, 'cause there's no meat to be had in this pizza! I've had the disclaimer in since Day One when I talked about cooking with eggs...

    ReplyDelete